The Basketball Hall of Fame will open the Hoop Hall Experience (HHX) at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino at noon Friday, April 3, 2009.
Located on the mezzanine level, the HHX is where the story of basketball comes to life in more than 17,000 square feet of fun. From the heart-pounding surround sound “Big Shots” theater to state-of-the-art interactive displays, the attraction has something for basketball lovers of all ages. Fans can enjoy rare memorabilia such as the jersey Wilt Chamberlain wore when he scored 100 points and the piece of floor where Michael Jordan took his last shot and more. Visitors can see the greatest players, craziest games and most inspiring coaches come to life in HHX.
Broken into six distinct zones, the Hoop Hall Experience is the ultimate basketball expedition:
1. Bounce: a pulsing beat surrounds guests as they enter a series of themed environments. A two-minute show called “Bounce” features funky, infectious hip-hop music combined with quick-cut video centering around the game’s icon, the basketball.
2. Timeline: this voyage of discovery takes fans through the history of basketball. An engaging arrangement of graphics, text, large cutouts, electronic media, photos and artifacts fill the space and show the evolution of basketball.
3. Pep Talks: multimedia projection displays use actual sound bytes and dramatized readings to deliver real messages from famous coaches such as John Wooden, Bill Sharman and Lenny Wilkens.
4. Greatest Moments Theater: significant artifacts from the Basketball Hall of Fame including the most important pieces with momentous stories to tell. This zone includes a display of every inductee into the Hall of Fame.
5. Big Shots: a large format film, “Big Shots” is a narrated, multimedia journey of the game’s greatest hits and the most spectacular moments in basketball history. Guests waiting to get in the zone may try interactive games or capture themselves on DVD announcing the play-by-play for famous games in a highly interactive video announcer booth.
6. Circle of Steel: this exciting themed retail space holds great deals on basketball-related merchandise and includes favorite Hall of Fame collectibles guest can find only in the Hall of Fame and HHX.
Basketball Hall of Fame’s Hoop Hall Experience is open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily with last admission at 8 p.m. The exhibit will be on display for a limited time. Tickets are $24.50 (adults), $22.50 (seniors 65 and older and military), $21.50 (Nevada residents), $17.50 (children 4-12) and are available at Planet Hollywood’s central box office on the mezz. Special group rates are available at www.planethollywood.com.
About The Hoop Hall Experience (HHX):
HHX brings the experience of the Basketball Hall of Fame, the sacred home of basketball, to the millions of fans unable to make the pilgrimage to Springfield, MA. Far more than just a traveling exhibit, HHX brings the basketball story – from its peach-basket beginnings to the stylized modern game – to life via vibrant graphics, engaging interactive exhibits and multimedia displays. HHX takes guests on an immersive journey into the history, the stats, and the culture of the game, celebrating basketball on all levels – from pick-up street games to high school, college, and the NBA/WNBA. For more information, visit http://www.hoophallexperience.com.
The above information is provided or obtained through Las Vegas media sources. The operators of this site are not responsible for the accuracy or duration of the offer. Please always call ahead to verify any specific advertisement or deal posted here.