Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay marks its 10th birthday in 2010 with summer-long celebrations at North America’s only predator-based aquarium. Reduced admission prices, birthday parties with a “fish load” of free activities plus food and beverage specials make Shark Reef Aquarium the “cool” place to be this summer.
Shark Reef Aquarium’s 10-Year Birthday Celebration Parties
· June 19, July 17 and August 21
· $10 adult admission, $5 children admission, ages four and under are free
· 10 percent off Shark Reef Store merchandise
· Complimentary birthday cookies, face painting, balloon animals and birthday “fin” crowns; hours 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
· Appearances by Sharky the Shark
· $10 meal deal at Burgers & Dogs
· June 19 only – Unique, aquatic-themed cake contest to test the skills of Las Vegas‘ award-winning pastry chefs. Public voting 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., winner announced at 7 p.m.
Throughout the summer from June 19 to August 21, Shark Reef Aquarium is offering free birthday fin crowns for the kids. Adults will enjoy $10 Shark Reef-inspired drinks available at all casino bars. If you know someone turning 10 this year, they’ll receive 10 percent off birthday party rentals. (Must be booked between June 7 and Dec. 31.)
What’s a birthday celebration without gifts? Shark Reef Aquarium and Mandalay Bay are saying thanks to all their guests of the past 10 years with a sign-up-and-win sweepstakes. The prize package includes a two-night stay in a Mandalay Bay suite; dinner for four at Hubert Keller’s Burger Bar; a $500 Mandalay Bay gift card; and a VIP tour of Shark Reef Aquarium with Curator Jack Jewel. The sweepstakes runs June 17 – Sept. 1. To enter, visit www.sharkreef.com/enter – no purchase necessary.
A milestone of ferocious proportion will be achieved this summer when one lucky guest will have the honor of being named Shark Reef Aquarium’s 10 millionth guest. This auspicious occasion is expected to occur in July or August. The patron with the well-timed visit will receive a grand prize package and much fanfare, or “fin-fare” as the case may be.
“This is a great time to visit Shark Reef Aquarium,” said Adrienne Rowland, the facility’s director. “Guests can help us celebrate our 10th birthday, beat the summer heat while learning about amazing animals, and possibly be part of an exciting milestone by being named our 10 millionth visitor which will happen sometime this summer.”
Shark Reef Aquarium’s Top 10 Fun Facts
1. More teeth than slot machines at Mandalay Bay (10,000 vs. 2,200)
2. The animals eat more than 500 pounds of food each week which equates to 130 tons in the past 10 years
3. Largest tropical shark exhibit west of the Mississippi
4. Educational tours provided for more than 150,000 school kids to date
5. Shark Reef Aquarium holds nearly 1.6-million gallons of fresh and sea water in 14 major exhibits
6. The saltwater in the Shipwreck exhibit is fully filtered every 90 minutes for an astounding total of 39.5-billion gallons filtered in 10 years
7. Golden Crocodiles are day-one residents
8. The facility creates its own saltwater and has used more than 1.5-million pounds of salt since it opened in 2000
9. North America’s only predator-based aquarium
10. The first and only Nevada institution accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA)
Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay features more than 2,000 divinely dangerous animals including a Komodo Dragon, Golden Crocodiles and several species of magnificent sharks all under one roof. Open daily from 10 a.m.; ticket prices are $16.95 for adults and $10.95 for children ages five through 12; children four and under are free. Nevada residents with a valid ID receive a discount on admission – $13.95 for adults and $8.95 for children.
The above information is provided or obtained through Las Vegas media sources. The operators of this site are not responsible for the accuracy or duration of the offer. Please always call ahead to verify any specific advertisement or deal posted here.