Las Vegas Hospitality Association will present a true wine pioneer as guest speaker.
WHAT: Currently there are 94 Master Sommeliers in the United States and Eddie Osterland was the first of them. This wine pioneer will be the speaker at the Las Vegas Hospitality Association luncheon. He’ll explain how he went from being a psychology major from New Jersey to Master Sommelier.
WHEN: Thursday, March 19, 2009
TIMES: 11:30 a.m. Check-in. Noon – Lunch, Speaker and Wine Tasting
COST: $35 members / $45 non-members
WHERE: Smith and Wollensky 3767 South Las Vegas Boulevard (On the Strip, Opposite the Monte Carlo)
WHO: Eddie Osterland – featured speaker visiting from La Jolla, Calif. He’s the first Master Sommelier in the United States
French Trained – graduated (in 1975) from the University of Bordeaux France with a degree of professional taster (D.U.A.D-Diplôme Universitaire D’Aptitude A la Dégustation Des Vins)
* Master Sommelier, Guild of Sommeliers, London England
* Former head Sommelier Hôtel de la Poste, Beaune France
* Past Director of Trade Education for the International Wine Center in New York, where he traveled for five years to 25 cities each year presenting his unique multi-media style events on behalf of companies like American Express, National Restaurant Association, Heublein Inc, Foods & Wines From France and the Italian Trade Center
* Author of the unprecedented Wine & the Bottom Line written for the National Restaurant Association
* Former Wine Editor for Restaurant Business magazine for more than a decade
* Chosen by Esquire magazine to do their “Wine Advisor Video”
* Creator of “Discovering the Pleasures of Wine” audio series
* Member National Speakers Association (NSA)
* Degree in Psychology
The above information is provided or obtained through Las Vegas media sources. The operators of this site are not responsible for the accuracy or duration of the offer. Please always call ahead to verify any specific advertisement or deal posted here.